The answer to the question “Should I wear red lipstick?”, is always YES YOU SHOULD QUEEN! The tough part is trying to pick out the right one. I have tried many, but here are the 5 I have purchased and repurchased for many years.
Some are traditional lipsticks, liquid lip stick and there’s even a lip stain. If you have never rocked a red lip because you left like you couldn’t pull it off, consider this a sign that it’s time for you to do so. These are in no particular order. Let’s get into it!
- Always Red is a great color for many skin tones. This liquid lipstick I find to be the most comfortable and hydrating. Who wants cracking and flaking red lipstick? Not me. It’s also the most affordable on my list. Highly recommend this one.
- Russian Red is such a an icon! This one is a traditional lipstick and is feels amazing on the lips. It has a blue undertone. I like to apply it with a liner like this one or a lip brush. Other reds from this line that I love are Dangerous, Lady Danger, Ruby Woo and Red Rock.
- Another amazing & very long lasting liquid lipstick is Quite The Stand Out. This one is actually more of an orange/red which makes it the boldest BUT trust when I say, it’s gorgeous. Sometimes I apply a few dots of a true red on my lips to tone down the orange. If you prefer a truer red, I recommend Fashion Legacy or Feels So Grand from this range.
- My true love is Daring Red ♥ It had undergone a few changes in the almost 18 years since I have started wearing this color but I love it so much. It’s a liquid lipstick on one end and a clear gloss on the other.
- If you want to ease into wearing a red lip, try Very Naughty. It’s actually a lip and cheek tint. Looks very bold but sheers out. Just add a couple dabs on your lips and blend with the warmth from your finger.
Bonus lipstick: Petal Bouche liquid lipstick. This is a gorgeous blue-red lipstick with a velvet finish. The reason why this is a bonus and not part of the top five is because this is a new product, unlike the others. But I am already in love with it.
Leave a Reply