I’ve been itching to add an another Louis Vuitton Monogram canvas bag to my collection. I have also been wanting to go the pre-loved route. After much thought, I decided to go to with a Speedy Bandouliere 35 from Fashionphile. Click here to view my unboxing on IGTV.
There’s a lot of factors that came into play:
- Louis Vuitton’s quality has not been great recently (in my opinion)
- Potential for significant savings
- Bigger selection of bags (including discontinued items)
- Flexibility to choose a brand new item or one that has aged beautifully
When purchasing a luxury item from the secondary market, you HAVE to do you research about the seller. I decided to go with Fashionphile because they provide:
- Detailed descriptions of bags – they are overly critical with the details of the condition (major plus)
- Plenty of pictures
- You can make payments with their Layaway plan
- Email notifications to alert you when your favorite item decreases in price!!
- 100 % authenticity guaranteed for the lifetime of the item purchase
What had happen was, I couldn’t sleep one night so I started browsing Speedy B’s on Fashionphile. I love that I was able to narrow down my search by type of bag, condition & price. I had completely forgotten about the bag I ‘Favorited’ when I received an email saying the price had dropped!
I noticed there was a layaway option and went with that. The initial payment must be at least 25 % of the price. They give 60 days to pay it off.
Things to Keep in Mind
Two things I want you to know is the shipping time can take a few days. I feel like it made a lot of stops before getting to my house. Also, a signature is required at delivery. So make sure you or someone are either home or send it to your job.
I am in LOVE with my new (to me) Speedy B. It had just enough patina and the vachetta strap was so comfortable. The description said there was a “musty odor” but that was not the case. It just had a slight smell like it had been stored for a while. If you are thinking of going through Fashionphile, go for it! Let me know if you have any questions!